F.A.Q Visas

Frequently asked questions: Visas

On this page we have gathered the most frequently asked questions that we receive from our students regarding obtaining a visa. If you need more information or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Our team is always available to help you with anything you need.

  • Citizens of countries belonging to the European Union do not need a visa to enter Spain.
  • Citizens of many countries (such as the USA, Brazil, Japan, Korea…) can enter and stay in Spain for a period of 3 months without a visa. If you are going to stay longer you must apply for a student visa (type D) before coming to Spain.
  • Students from other countries should contact their nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate to find out if they need to obtain a visa.
  • Hispania Schools can help students apply for visas by providing an official letter of invitation if necessary.

The website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain has a complete list of the addresses of the consulates and embassies in Spain. Visit the page here


We provide the Invitation Letter at no cost. Before sending it to you, we require the payment of the complete program, including the course and accommodation. We can send you a digital copy by email, which in some cases may be sufficient. If you need the original copy by regular mail or express mail, we will only charge you the costs charged by the postal service.

If your visa request has been denied after making the full payment of your study trip, you must send us the official, original and certified letter of denial from the embassy and we will refund the full fee (minus the administrative fees).